Now reduced to Offers around £65,000
• Fine views.
• Rural yet easily accessible location.
• Well-proportioned accommodation.
• EPC – G
Heading west on the Kelso by-pass (A698) continue to the roundabout at Sainsbury’s supermarket then take the 2nd exit onto B6352. Follow this road for approximately 1.2 miles before turning left on to the B6396. Continue for a further mile, passing the turning to Easter Softlaw Farm and the cottages are located on the left hand side of the road.
Easter Softlaw is located in a rural yet easily accessible position, approximately three miles from Kelso, an attractive and popular Borders town, well renowned for its Flemish style cobbled square and historical attractions including the 12th Century Abbey and Floors Castle. The town has a fantastic range of educational and recreational facilities and a wonderful range of good quality shops. The surrounding area has much to offer those interested in country pursuits and is easily accessible to Edinburgh and the east coast.
No.4 Easter Softlaw Cottage is a characterful semi-detached property positioned within a row of eight traditional farm cottages. The cottage is constructed of stone under a pitched slate roof with a single storey cavity built extension to the rear. The property is now in need of upgrade but presents itself as a wonderful opportunity for the purchaser to create a lovely home or holiday cottage finished to their own exacting style.
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, Lounge (4.9m x 3.6m), Bedroom 3 (3.8m x 2.7m), Inner Hall, Kitchen (3.7m x 2.9m), Bathroom (2.7m x 1.8m), Rear Hall, Porch.
First Floor: Landing, Bedroom 1 (5.0m x 3.9m), Bedroom 2 (5.0m x 2.8m)
GARDENS & GROUNDS
The cottage is accessed via a private road. There is a good sized garden to the rear and parking to front of the property.
Electricity – Mains.
Water – Mains.
Drainage – Private septic tank which serves all eight cottages.
Heating – None. The lounge is heated by an open fire which includes a back boiler for heating water.
Scottish Borders Council Tax Band A.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
VIEWING AND HOME REPORT
To arrange a viewing or request a copy of the Home Report contact the selling agents.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
The property is sold subject to a number of shared rights and reservations with further details being obtainable from the
Selling Agents, however in particular it is noted that:
1. The Purchaser will be responsible for a one eighth share of all future repair, maintenance and renewal of the septic tank and associated pipework.
2. The Purchaser will be granted a right of access and egress over the private access road serving the property subject to being responsible for a share of all future maintenance and repair costs apportioned on a user basis.
3. The Occupiers of the properties located on either side of the adjacent vennel will each benefit from pedestrian rights of access and egress.
4. The Purchaser will be responsible for the cost of repair and replacement of all mutual boundary fences on a shared basis.
5. The Purchaser will be granted the right to park at the front of the property on a non-allocated basis on the condition that the access road is unrestricted at all times.
6. The sale will be restricted to prohibit any mechanical business operating from the premises.
1. These particulars are intended to give a fair and overall description of the property. If any points are relevant to your interest, please ask for further information. Prior to viewing Prospective Purchasers are advised to seek their own professional advice.
2. Areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. These particulars shall not be binding on our clients whether acted on or otherwise, unless the same is incorporated in a written document, signed by our clients or on their behalf, satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of The Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995.
4. Third Party Rights and Servitudes
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Offers, in Scottish legal form, must be submitted by your solicitor to the Selling Agent. A closing date may be set although the seller reserves the right to negotiate a sale with a single party. All interested parties are advised to instruct their solicitor to note their interest with the Selling Agent immediately after inspection.
6. Closing Date
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through lawyers to FBR, in writing, will be advised of a closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The Seller will not be obliged to accept the highest or indeed any offer and has the right to accept and offer at any time or withdraw the property from the market. The Seller will not be liable for costs incurred by interested parties.
7. Anti-Money Laundering Regulation
The purchaser will be required to provide proof of identification in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulation.
8. Particulars prepared in October 2017.