Stichill 1.5 miles Kelso 3 miles Edinburgh 43 miles (distances approximate)
Offers Over £115,000
An attractive 2/3 bedroom end terraced country cottage set in a wonderful location close to the popular Borders town of Kelso. The property benefits from fantastic uninterrupted view across surrounding farmland and towards Hume Castle.
- Scenic rural location with fine outlooks.
- Accessible to Kelso and within commuting distance of Edinburgh.
- Living room, kitchen, dining room/3rd bedroom, 2 bedrooms and bathroom.
- Off road parking and garden.
- Additional pony paddock may be available by separate negotiation.
- EPC – Band F
Stichill Eastfield is situated in an easily accessible countryside location with wonderful views across surrounding farmland and to Hume Castle. This area of the Borders is renowned for its scenery and is a fantastic place to live for those who enjoy country life. The property is located approximately 1.5 miles from the picturesque village of Stichill and 3 miles from Kelso, a popular former market town benefitting from a wide variety of shops, schools for all ages and excellent recreational facilities including, swimming pool, ice rink, National Hunt racecourse, a range of sporting clubs and a golf course. The town also benefits from a selection of Banks and business services and a wide variety of shops including a Sainsbury’s supermarket.
No 1 Stichill Eastfield Cottages is an attractive traditional end terraced former farm cottage which provides comfortable living accommodation over two floors.
The accommodation comprises:
Ground Floor – Entrance hall (1.38m x 1.32m), Lounge (4.85m x 4.11m), Kitchen (4.85m x 2.25m), Dining room/Bedroom 3 (3.52m x 2.54m).
First Floor – Bedroom 1 (4.20m x 3.35m), Bedroom 2 (4.37m x 3.61m), Bathroom (2.51m x 1.46m). Please note that the sizes provided are approximate only.
The property includes a small area of hardstanding for parking to the north and a garden laid to lawn to the south. It is noted that there is a vehicular right of access over the road in front of the cottage in favour of the No.2 and No.3 Stichill Eastfield Cottages. Similarly No.1 Stichill Eastfield benefits from a right to access the road in front of those cottages with maintenance of the entire length of the track split equally between the three dwellings. Further details available from the Selling Agents.
- Mains water from a private distribution network metered and billed in accordance with consumption and a share of the standing charge.
- Mains electricity.
- Private drainage to a septic tank shared with cottages no 2 and 3. Future maintenance apportioned on a user basis.
- Central heating served from a back boiler in lounge stove.
From Kelso take the B6461 signposted Ednam. Follow this road through Ednam and take the first left after the village. Follow this road for approximately 1.5 miles before arriving at a T-Junction. Turn left and the cottage is situated after approximately 100m on the left hand side.
Offers should be submitted to the selling agents in Scottish Legal form. Only those who formally notify us of their interest will be advised of a closing date. The seller reserves the right to sell privately and do not bind themselves, or their agents, to accept the highest or indeed any offer.
Viewing By appointment with the sole selling agents, FBR LTD, Chartered Surveyors.
Important Notice: FBR Ltd, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. FBR Ltd have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Particulars prepared April 2017